My Own Storming of the Bastille

La Madone, a chambre d'hotes in Provence's Luberon

La Madone, a chambre d'hotes in Provence's Luberon

Happy Bastille Day or “Joyeux Quatorze Juillet”

We’re not leaving for a couple of days for our vacation in Provence, but I’m really busy. Husband is out of town and I need to get five living creatures ready to get out of town. The girls will be driving to Virginia BY THEMSELVES, and yes, I am more than a little freaked out about this. Lily the Labradoodle will be going to stay with Stretch, our dog trainer.

The question I’ve been thinking about way too much recently is what to do about this blog over the next couple of weeks. After participating in my favorite bloodsport, “overthinking,” I’ve decided to keep you updated with photographs.

I have this new camera:

Yes, I really bought something. A defrosted credit card did, anyway.

Yes, I really bought something. A defrosted credit card did, anyway.

For the sake of my relationship with my dear husband, I will streamline internet contact. I have figured out how to upload photos to flikr and then post from there as well. I guess I better read the instruction booklet for the new camera. Even if my pictures suck, I promise to post something.

I always journal during vacations to keep up with details and fleeting thoughts, and will do this. Hopefully, I will have a few things to write about from the perspective of looking back after I get home.
our room in France

This is a picture of our apartment at La Madone! I’m kinda hoping there won’t be wireless service.

Comments

1. Head Cheerleader says

Would love to hear as much or little about your trip as you’d like to share, but would hate for blogging to get in the way of a fabulous time. Promise I’ll be here when you return. (I’ll be the green one, in the corner, pretending not to be jealous.) :)

Hi Margo, nice to meet you! Thom sent me the link to your blog and this post! You’re going to spend time in my favourite corner of the world! We’ve been vacationing in the Luberon area for over ten years now, and we never get bored there! I think most of the posts from the past month are all Provence related. Just click the tag Provence. There are lots of pictures and posts from Provence on my blog usually!

I hope you’ll have fun there!

This is going to be a great time!

I have to look back through your posts & find out what the story is on the Feedblitz vs. Feedburner. I have had a few things with FB that weren’t great, but I am scared to change to anything else!
    .-= Wendy´s last blog ..Pare It Down 2009: Den – AFTER =-.

Wow!!! That’s where you’re staying!?! It’s beautiful and so romantic. You’re going to have a great time!
    And enjoy the camera! I just got the same one, and I’m trying to get the hang of it. So many bell and whistles!
    .-= robin´s last blog ..Wordful Wednesday =-.

Oh, lucky, lucky you! I was in Provence just a couple of months ago and it seems like an eternity. Say hello to Avignon for me, if you’re there. I think it’s such a beautiful city.

Enjoy your trip. I like the new blog design. I go out of town for two months, and I come back and everyone has new blog designs. It’s like going to college and coming back and finding out your mother has redecorated your room. You’ll have to let me know later how you like WordPress. Anyway, I’ll be looking forward to your photos and living vicariously by them.

Blew us off at blogspot??? I like your new site. Looks nice!!

If you want to blog while on your trip, just give your hubby a quickie. Then, you are good to go for at least 24 hours.
    .-= Eileen´s last blog ..Technology Sucks!! =-.

8. Laurie says

How much fun! Please post your thoughts and pictures! It will be like we are there too!

Hope you have a great time!