Last Minute and Late Summer Walk

Instead of pallid hum as there is at home,

there are many sounds. DSC_2394

crisp brown leaves on top of sand, new branches snapping underfoot.

Wind through sea grass, like milk poured on rice krispies.

Sept. 09

Furious departure

DSC_2373

purple jeweled happiness

DSC_2464

See her whisper of life unfolding

DSC_2458

Now you don’t

mm 1581884212_57276dd550_o

These photos document my “jaunt” to Huntington Beach State Park in Murrells Inlet, SC  last week. Something between an errand and a day trip, a jaunt is something most of us need every now and then.

An empty hole inside of me will holler out to me every month or two, like a starving neglected child. It can’t be filled by any person or even the chicken salad samples at the Piggly Wiggly. These are my signs, and I go.

Hope your week is off to a great start! Do you ever go on jaunts? Are they planned or spontaneous?

For more great close up photography visit Lisa at Lisa’s Chaos. I also linked this with Robin’s new meme, Monday’s Muse over at Cinnamon and Honey.

Comments

• Margo says

m – Come on now, I think you can jaunt, without, heaven forbid, being jaunty. When I think of “jaunty,” there’s too much intent and I’m picturing a throng of overly enthused red hat society ladies. Jaundiced, maybe…

• says

Do I need a jalopy to jaunt? But I concur… your thoughts about “jaunty” being too forced by dour cultish ladies in red… and don’t forget the varicose veins… their veins are viciously varicose. I suppose I’ve tainted the verb with the thoughts of the adjective.
          .-= mobius´s last blog ..Whine and Tea =-.

• Margo says

I was surprised by all the leaves too. The spider is creepy, and I’m stunned that I for some reason felt it was okay to get close enough to take a picture. I was afraid she had relatives nearby. I think those are spider eggs on her! Double gross!

Your photos are just amazing…well except for the spider..umm that lady creeps me out.
    Jaunt. Jaunting. Jauntlaicious. I did this on Saturday with my oldest. It was a brave jaunt as I let her drive…ughh.
    Happy Monday.
    .-= Busy Bee Suz´s last blog ..Q is for… =-.

• Margo says

My older daughter has had her license for over a year now, and I still can’t quite get over it. But she’s a really good driver now because I endured so much extreme stress when she had her learners permit. My hair started to fall out! Thanks!

Happy Monday.
    .-= Busy Bee Suz´s last blog ..Q is for… =-.

• Margo says

• Margo says

I know they serve a purpose in the circle of life and all that, but why do they have to come in my house and Michael’s pen? This one was in the middle of a state park. I have less of a problem with her.

• Margo says

• Margo says

• Margo says

Excellent photos!! The purple berries are my favourite.

I ought to take inspiration and get some photos of the almost fluorescent pink bouganvillia out my back door.

The best pics are of things we see around us that are supposedly ordinary, but when given a closer look – are beautiful!!

Thanks. Glad I found your blog. Keep up the great stuff!

Cheers
    Holli in Ghana
    .-= Holli´s last blog ..Ghana Photo of the day =-.