No Signs of Fall to See Here

Unknown Mami
sundaydogpark 050
Finding signs of fall in Myrtle Beach is like playing “Where’s Waldo?” Can you find any? Unless we’re talking about what’s missing – i.e.- traffic and tourists, I can’t.

sundaydogpark 055
The Sea Captain’s House is one of my favorite restaurants in Myrtle Beach. We didn’t go there today. Actually I haven’t been there in months. *Note to self: Must nag husband relentlessly on subject.

The woman in the yellow sweater sauntered out the door and stopped abruptly in the spot under the sign and stared me down. I found her behavior  and heavy yellow sweater very suspicious. She gave no indication that she was ever going to move. To play it safe, I just went ahead and shot her.

sundaydogpark 085

sundaydogpark 097

Lily the labradoodle went across the street this afternoon to play with her cousin, Scout. More spirited than usual, all she wanted to do was steal Scout’s bone.

sundaydogpark 049

Her trail of terror continued at the new dog park that just opened near our house. She demanded the submission of the other canines with her vicious demeanor and Halloween bandanna.

Unless we count the woman in the yellow sweater and the lack of traffic, this bandanna was the only sign of fall to be found today. sundaydogpark 129

Like the wild wolf creature she is, she ran back and forth between us for what felt like several hours.

Thanks to Unknown Mami for hosting this great way to see where so many different places!

HonestScrap2-150x150

On a different note, I want to send a big thank you to Jen at Pieces of Me for bestowing the Honest Scrap award to me. Be sure to check out her blog which features both great writing and photography.  Recently her photos have beautifully documented the  many signs of fall in and around her home base of New York City.  Almost makes me want to put on a fuzzy  sweater (but not a yellow one – it’s not a good color on me.)

Comments

These dogs are so cute! OMGosh!
    “To play it safe, I just went ahead and shot her.” Only someone weilding a camera could say thi so casually in a public journal :)!

My god-dog is a labradoodle named Simone. What a character! No fall here either and back up to 80 today. Ptuiiiiiiiiiii. Loved the *went ahead and shot her* !!!!!! Well done!

Oh my gosh : ) I love the lady with the puffy yellow sweater and am SO glad she decided to make an appearance in this post today : ) She added a special element!

I can’t believe fall is not upon you! It is all over here. Gloriously I might add : )

So fun to meet you today via Unknown Mami’s! Isn’t she super? : )

I loved your story and envy your warm weather–you’re right–no sign of fall where you are! And I laughed and laughed over the woman in yellow! (grin)

My what a frighteningly aggressive dog! ;) I bet folks really stand back and respect that bandana. I believe the lady in the yellow sweater was frozen in fear!

What pretty doggies! We have a beagle and love her to death, we have to drive 30 minutes to let her run free at the dog park. Been to florida many times, and never seen this side. Thanks for sharing your city.

LOL, somewhat know what you mean as the trees have barely begin turning in eastern NC! Although we do see signs that our gingko trees are getting ready to drop their horrible fruit that ferments if you don’t get it up fast enough. They’re both male trees, so the fruit is toxic; even the birds don’t cart it away for us!

Our sign of fall is the torrential rain. Rain, glorious rain! I’m thrilled. Then again, we moved here from a long exile in the desert. Stay tuned to my blog for upcoming whining about how it never stops raining, LOL.

Do you wake up every morning thinking, “I live in Myrtle Beach! Wow!” Or is it old hat by now? We lived once in a college town where the population swelled & then decreased by about 40,000 as the college semesters came & went (I’m guessing; the school had over 50k students at the time & few of them lived in town year-round). We loved the in-between times, when the roads weren’t clogged by dumb, lost freshmen and their equally confused parents. I would think that in a tourist town you would have a similar feeling of relief – or does it just seem desolate?

• Margo says

It’s totally old hat. For the first five years or so we lived here I used to make it a point to at least drive by the beach and look at the ocean almost every day… not so much anymore. I don’t think I’d ever get tired of it if we lived right on the ocean. We kind of circumvent most of the tourist population when possible in the summer, working around their patterns – ie – never go to a shopping area on a rainy day! People on vacation aren’t necessarily the best drivers because they don’t know where they are going and are often distracted. The beach itself is beautiful and pretty much deserted this time of year – but it’s a good kind of desolate :)

• Margo says

What a fantastic post! The photos really are adorable. Makes me not want to work. Get your babies.. let’s play hookie!

Your town is beautiful! :)

Christine (kiki)

Your town is beautiful! :)

Christine (kiki)

Lest you think my heart is made of stone, my first comment will be that those are the cutest damn dogs in the world. No BS.

When I lived in Southern California last year I found myself missing the seasons. I always thought that was a dumb thing for people to say until I actually experienced (or didn’t experience) it. I imagine Myrtle Beach to be just like that. Uncool. I feel your pain and wish you rain. (That was a rhyme.)

Thanks for sharing your part of the world. I have always wondered what Myrtle Beach looked like because my sister lived there for a few months. I thought it was a quiet, beachside town…no tall buildings. Sometimes I think my head is stuck in the 70s!! What a fun blog! Love your fluffy pup, Labra-D and Cos, S.

Your dog is adorable. You make me want a labradoodle (like I don’t have enough dogs to deal with.) I got my babies Halloween bandanas as well.

I’m a little embarrassed, but I gave you the same award today on my blog. I guess now you have a matching set.